Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 5 working on more small works of art

Good morning! I survived the weekend painting session with good luck getting 20 small paintings completed and framed! I uploaded some to my Fine Art America website to offer as cards. While I was uploading them - someone from NY was viewing them at the same time!

My husband seems to think I should be cleaning the house...instead of painting... It's clean..the laundry and dishes are clean. The dogs, cats, and birds are fed and happy. What more does he want?? Does he think that painting is wasted time? He loves my artwork, but maybe doesn't appreciate the time it takes to produce--I guess.
We got a call from his sister and we are now expecting his 3 sisters and mother up for a weekend visit in two weeks.....That means I HAVE to start cleaning up my hidden messes.... as his sisters and Mother are immaculate housekeepers - not artists - and love to have every counter empty and that is not how this household runs!

So, do I stop painting and clean for the next 2 weeks for a weekend visit from his family? Yes! Say "Yes" as I know I have to.

It's hard to get in the mood for painting and stay there till you get some good results. But if I put the timer on for an hour every morning - I can get enough paintings wet and let them dry while I clean up the house for his family.

See ya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment