Wednesday, August 11, 2010

a few more completed works




Happy
Wednesday!
I framed 2 small paintings last night and still have 11 small ones on the table and a 12"x12" paintings that I will attempt to mount onto an acrylic-embellished canvas and then varnish. My idea is to make my small watercolor paintings easy to hang without frames and glass. If i decide to sell at the Festival of Lights and/or First Fridays -- I want my small watercolor paintings to be easy to hang right when they get to their new home! Some collectors just don't get abstract -- so I will attempt to offer some embellished stamped artworks like the 4 flower artworks on my table.
I am going to attempt some small landscapes, too -- which I think will help incorporate the newest assignment on the http://www.wmaag.com/ site by using shapes and patterns (lights and darks) and paint a barn using one pigment each for my spiritual, physical and mental personality character of myself.
Any suggestions of "my" colors??

3 comments:

  1. Your colors?
    of course! Red!-Dramatic
    yellow- bursting and alive
    purple-commanding
    definately fits your type A personality!
    You are sooooo out there, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id really like to see how you mount your paintings on acrylic embellished canvas.
    Send some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! So Red, Yellow, and Purple...Carole - you know me too well!! I ha those colors picked out, too!

    I will post the watercolor painting that is mounted on the acrylic emblellished canvas soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete